I’ve re-made this recipe a number of times since creating it because it always ends up going fast! Broccoli is not only so good for you but delicious when mixed with tamari and ginger!
Here is why this recipe is so gosh-darn great for you:
- The zucchini contains a special type of fiber called pectin, that is known to help regulate blood sugar
- Fiber is also important in digestion to ‘keep things moving’, and 1 cup of broccoli contains over 5g of fiber
- You’ve likely heard me speak of this before, but the broccoli contains the compound indole-3-carbinol, which has been proven to be anti-cancerous.
- Ginger has long been know to provide digestive relief. The herbalists use it because it is what’s called a ‘carminitive’, which naturally reduces gas.
- Ginger has also proven effective in those with inflammatory conditions like arthritis. One study showed that ‘ginger extract over 3 months showed a reduction in pain, better joint mobility, and less swelling and morning stiffness, even though the participants had stopped taking their anti-inflammatory medications’.