10 Surprising Symptoms Caused By Food Sensitivities
Say what? That weird (embarrassing) thing I experience isn’t normal?
It’s not something I have to LIVE with?
Insert happy face emoji!! 😄
All joking aside, when I was in nutrition school, I remember every time we learned a new topic, always thinking “WOW - that’s not normal?” And then feeling really happy / relieved!
- Bloating or embarrassing smelling gas
- Achey joints and pains - nope that’s not just aging
- Skin conditions like eczema, acne or those little red bumps on the back of your arms (keratosis pilaris)
- Inconsistent digestion - constipation, diarrhea or IBS!
- Anxiety, depression or poor mood
- Feeling or looking puffy
- Getting migraines & headaches
- Feeling tired throughout the day - even if I’ve slept
- Even just sugar or salt cravings
- Weight that just WON’T come off, no matter how little you eat or how much you exercise
The Underlying Connection Between These Symptoms
One of the common underlying connections with food sensitivities and the symptoms I listed above is inflammation. In all of the clients I’ve worked with, being able to remove the triggers makes a world of difference and their symptoms resolve quite quickly.
The tricky part with food sensitivities is that it isn’t always the common ones like gluten or dairy. Everyone’s different. Sometimes it’s a “healthy” food, like almonds or eggs that for most people make perfect sense to be eating on the regular. If you're someone that is sensitive to that 'healthy' food, then eating it is only going to leave you still experience the above symptoms.
What Can You Do?
If you suspect you have food sensitivities and would like more guidance or to get tested, click on the link below to book a complimentary 1:1 coaching session.