We're Hiring A Wellness Educator
Job Posting: HEAL Wellness Educator
Location: Vancouver, BC
Start Date: January 2018
About HEAL Wellness:
HEAL Wellness is a quickly growing small business owned and run by Holistic Nutritionist, Mandy King. Our mission is to help educate and empower people to feel healthier and happier and we’re looking for a bright, motivated person to help us do so!
HEAL has three pillars: corporate wellness, private nutrition coaching and online programs. We have run dynamic wellness programs for some of Canada’s top companies including, Google, Facebook, Unilever, PwC, Mobify, Odlum Brown (and more) across Canada. We provide high quality nutrition coaching, simple and delicious meal planning and an online wellness challenge program that enables participants to feel more energetic, feel better able to manage stress and shed excess weight.
About The Role:
This is an entrepreneurial position so we want you to bring ideas to the table. Your opinion matters and we want you to be excited about growing HEAL and making more people healthier and happier!
This role is a part time contract position to lead corporate lunch & learns starting January 2018. The hours will vary based on what events we have booked. You could be doing anywhere from 1-3 talks per week. Peak months of the year include Jan-Mar, May-June and Sept-Oct. The ideal candidate must be Vancouver based, able to attend in person events during the day and able to travel/drive around the greater Vancouver area.
The lunch & learns typically take place 12pm-1pm during the week and you would be required to arrive 30-40 minutes in advance of the presentation to set up. Compensation will be on a per event basis.
How You’ll Make An Impact:
Your main job is to deliver dynamic, engaging lunch & learns in a corporate office setting.
- Prepping & practicing your presentation (you can use existing HEAL presentations and customize them to suit your presentation style)
- Traveling to the location of the talk (typically downtown Vancouver but occasionally in Langley, Abbotsford, etc)
- Setting up for the talk (stuffing swag bags, coordinating lunch)
- Leading a 40-45 minute presentation
- Answering 5-10 minutes Q&A
Typical Lunch & Learn Topics:
- Eating For Energy
- Natural Cold & Flu Prevention
- Detox & Weight-Loss
- The 4Rs To Healthy Digestion
- Busting Stress & Boosting Happiness
As a wellness educator, you will be working under the HEAL brand, therefore you may not solicit your own brand / products in front of this audience. As you grow into the position, there may be the potential opportunity to work with clients 1:1 from these talks under the HEAL brand, if 1:1 coaching is part of your practice and something you have experience with.
Does This Sound Like You?
- You have a passion for both wellness and public speaking. Getting up and speaking to an audience doesn’t worry you - in fact, it excites you.
- You are self motivated and have a very strong work ethic.
- You are incredibly organized and always well prepared.
- You have a positive attitude and are calm when things can get a bit hectic.
- You hold yourself accountable and enjoy taking ownership of the work you do.
- You have a dynamic personality and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial company. (Sometimes things happen at the last minute and that should excite you.)
- You have exceptional communication skills and can take complex information and make it clear, simple and actionable.
- Post secondary education
- 2+ years experience of work experience, with experience presenting / educating.
- Technically adept. We use the following, and you are happy to learn some new tools:
- Google Drive and Dropbox
- Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- The ideal candidate must be an RD, RHN, CNP, ND or have similar qualification (dietetics, nutrition and/or holistic health disciplines). We are also interested in those with mindfulness training, though this is not a requirement.
How To Apply:
- Submit resume, short cover letter and 3 minute video by Nov 24th, 2017 to email@example.com.
- Use subject line: HEAL Wellness Educator Job Posting.
- In the video, introduce yourself and share your favourite tips on Eating For Energy. Please keep the video to 3 minutes maximum.